Thursday 23 August 2012

Things that annoy me about family reunions

Haven't done one of these in almost 5 months, but I finally have something annoying to talk about yet again.

So I was at an annual family re-union earlier this month that I haven't been to in a year or so, and lemme tell yuh, (As my buddy Jake says) it was an awkward breeding ground.

Basically, everyone is related to each other somehow, but you look around at everyone and you're like, "how?" There's so many kids and middle aged men that bare no resemblance to you or any of your more direct family.

Plus everyone had a cockney accent, and I have a fairly more east midlands-y accent so I sometimes found it hard to understand basic sentences being thrown at me from across the room.

Also, it can get quite awkward at first because no-one actually wants to talk to each other, then you don't want to actually talk to certain people because of their arsey ways from past reunions.

That's all I really have on that topic.

Stay tuned over this next season! I'll be back on the ball with this whole blogging malarky.

Goodnight people.

No comments:

Post a Comment