Monday 14 February 2011

Things that annoy me about romantic comedy films


Hello there, haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd revive this blog with a good ol' 'Things that annoy me about...' post. :)

First of all I was going to do horror films but then I realized it'd just turn into a big sexist list of reasons why women act pathetically in them.

So I chose rom-coms, because it's rather fitting for today's hallmark holiday.

Anyways, the list.

First of all, is it just me or does a guy always trip over and land on a woman, then they just STARE AT EACH OTHER! Then it gets awkward and they both get up. If I were the woman just minding my own business and some big man fell on me, I'd immediately push the fool off.

Nextly (yes that is a word...spell check is lying to me), Pierce Brosnan...THE Pierce Brosnan, in rom-coms...? He's supposed to be in ACTION FILMS! I'm sure many people have tried to forbid him from changing his genre. He's James Bond for Fran's sake.

Now, are all these stories set in happy happy doo-da land? It's seems the majority of them all end with a happy ending. What's wrong with a lovely sad, tragic ending? :) Nothing wrong with a good twist at the end. Y'know, like, they all fall victim to a devastating nuclear attack? They both suddenly get run over? C'mon, mix it up a bit.

In all rom-com's, the actors always seem to be good looking guys and girls. I say, to hell with those guys, why not make a rom-com involving two not so good looking, or "ugly" people, and get a story from a different bunch of peeps?

Finally, I'm sure many will agree with me on this, BUT, I'd like to see more rom-coms with foreign dudes, like Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Australians...Oh c'mon, I'm sure they'd be able to pull off a quality rom-com...seriously...

END OF LIST

See ya!

P.S I will try and post more often this week, for the 2 or 3 people that actually read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment