Thursday 30 June 2011

Surreal experiences in my life - Vol. 2

Here I am again! With another weird day in the life of Benjamin Michael Potts.

Well then, today I was invited out to town by a mate, just so she could have someone to talk to and not feel like a loner whilst she went into a number of women's shops with some friends and bought absolutely nothing.

Anyways, this post is about the bus journey on the way there. Now, I've always had a bit of a phobia of getting on unfamiliar busses (except my old school bus), because I think I'll somehow lose all my money, or trip over some 15 year old's baby's push-chair, or even just get shouted at by the driver for no reason. But this time I was prepared, or so I thought.

Firstly what weirded me out before I even got on the bus, was some freaky guy standing at the bus stop, looking down the road, with his legs apart like some kind of superhero wannabe. I really wanted to tell him how stupid he looked but I'm just not that evil...heh...

When I got on the bus, there were hardly any seats. My only choices were next to some old lady, or next to a prrretty normal looking guy. It was quite clear that he was foreign, and he just wouldn't stop talking, in what sounded like arabic. It sounded like he was actually having an argument with himself. The only two words I could possibly make out, that I assumed may have been English, were "Racist" and "Panini". I was literally praying that he wouldn't try to talk to me, or wasn't talking about me, as I could see from the corner of my eye that he was looking at me several times...

To make everything worse, it was like baby city on that damn bus. There must've been like 3 young mums with push-chairs (one with twins), with all the babies screaming and hitting things and staring at me...

Then, I had quite a shock, when a rather tall, old looking black man with a beard came on the bus. At first I thought he was wearing some nylon turban, but then with further analysis, I'd realized he literally had a rucksack...on his..head... I took the hint to stop staring at it when they guy had glanced at me so many times, that I think both of us knew it was getting awkward, and therefore stopped doing it. (Oh my goodness I used the word "therefore" in a sentence. I'm a literary god)

Then the bus crisis was over, I got up, almost tripped, and miraculously made it off the bus.

PHEW! That was a close one!

Anyways, sorry, I forgot about doing a drink concoction, (and I know I always say this :D) but I'll try and do one tomorrow, I have a fabbo idea ;)

Well then,

BYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment