Sunday 1 April 2012

Things that annoy me about historical buildings (or most places owned by the English Heritage)

Hello.

I've been to a lot of historical places this year with my father and co. And although I've thoroughly thoroughly indeedily enjoyed them yes, there are, some things that annoy me about them..

Firstly, the unnecessary amount of obscene artwork. I.E, paintings and models of naked men, women and children... I seriously do not want to have to see this on a nice visit to Chatsworth house thank you very much, YES I know that men have those and women have them, no need to flash them in my face.

Secondly, what's with the lack of damn coffee shops, I believe it is required for any place where you have to walk around for ages looking at gratuitous nudity and roped off people's beds, to have a gosh darneth coffee shop.

Thirdingly, those people that like stand around in corridors just staring at you as you walk around. And then you make the fatal bloody mistake of turning around and accidentally looking them right in the eye which they then take as an invitation to talk to you about more history and overload your brain with facts that you don't particularly care about. This one caught me and thought me and my compadre Katy would like to hear about the excruciatingly boring hobbies of The Duchess...

No.

Anyways, that's about it fo' now!

So yeah, have a great Easter holiday/general week guys!

And I'll be posting soon :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (This is actually how I say this word now..)

No comments:

Post a Comment