Wednesday 21 December 2011

Guest Post - Things that annoy me about Christmas - by Jake Rowland

1. Christmas is in December, so why is it advertised in October?!?!?!? all an innocent guy tries to do is walk down the street and then BAM! Assaulted by Christmas advertisements/decorations ( Or in my area of Alvaston just plain assaulted) You just feel like you want to scream by the time November comes ( which is a bad idea near my house as some guy was being really loud, and a guy came out his house saying that his daughter was asleep and to quiet down, and this guy rips, yes rips, like Bruce Willis, a for sale sign off a wall and starts trashing a car with it. All while I watch nosily out of my bedroom window like a character out of Adrian Mole) I'm not a Scrooge, but seeing peoples houses covered in snow and tinsels and flashing lights in October is plain ridiculous.

2.Christmas Songs. There are possibly two decent Christmas songs and a multitude of terrible ones, when was the last time a new decent Christmas song was released? The only things that people seem to do these days is cover old songs in albums and release them themselves. (No disrespect Mr. Buble, i still love you. ♥) It's like all of the words have been used up. Y'know what? I'm going to search the last time a decent Christmas song was originally released. googling it now... opening the webpage.. (stupid slow browsers) 1988!! Two more words: Point proven!

3.Little kids. (yes I'm being stereotypical, don't like it? WELL YOU CAN make a complaint to Ben like a civilised person :) ) They are rarely cool. They wan't to play with your toys, be the centre of attention, cry a lot, believe in Santa (Yet complain to their parents when they don't get the toys they want.. :S) and worst of all, have terrible hygiene!

4.Money. You're saving all your money for presents for the few loved ones, put a bit aside for going away in the new year sales, and suddenly, your broke. Hope everyone enjoys the home-made presents. And by home-made I mean, that rubbish piece of woodwork you made at school seven years ago.

5.Cr@p presents. Not to sound like a whiny six year old but thanks uncle Anthony, I really appreciated the bag of MnM's you gave me while my brother gets a £30 gift voucher. Oh and thanks nan for my colouring book and crayons, They're going to help me a lot in my GCSE's.

No comments:

Post a Comment